We’re jazzed about bringing you the best in all-natural desserts! From Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Dough to Crumblettes, there’s so much to love. We’re just as excited to share with you
5 simple ways to make your favorite desserts even healthier!
Everyone loves a great #baking substitution. Aim for #healthy with #WhollyWholesome here: http://ctt.ec/72iad
Top 5 Baking Substitutions for Healthier Baking:
1. Black beans for flour. Purèed, black beans act as a great substitute for flour. Bonus! They also add protein and can help make your recipe gluten free!
2. Unsweetened applesauce for sugar. Don’t cut back on the sweetness! This substitution will make any dessert you make guilt-free. Baker beware: For every cup of applesauce you use, reduce the amount of liquid in the recipe by 1/4 cup.
3. Wholly Gluten Free Pie Shell for … Anything your little heart desires! Our pie shell is Certified Vegan and Certified Gluten Free! Yum!
4. Chia seeds for eggs. Let one tablespoon of chia seeds soak in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes and voila! You’ve got a superfood substitution for an egg! Vegans, rejoice!
5. Avocado for butter. This healthy fat is rich, creamy, and the perfect substitute for any recipe that calls for heavy butter.
Time is running out. It’s down to the last days to enter for a chance to WIN!
It’s T-minus three days until #NationalPeachPieDay so we’ll get right to it. Here are 5 (FIVE!) incredible peach pie recipes that will help you to celebrate this delicious and wholicious day!
Five peach pie recipes for the peach lover in you:
1. Blueberry and Peach Hand Pies. Life Food & Beer got this one right. When you’re on the go, it’s best to reach for something that you can munch on with one hand. Yum! Get the recipe!
2. Peach Mascarpone Pot Pie. With a ginger molasses cookie lid, this yummy recipe by Lady and Pups is bound to satisfy every sweet bone in your body. Get cooking!
3. Peach Ice Tea Tart. Refreshing, reminiscent of summertime, and simply sublime. That’s all you need to know. Try Taste Without Borders’ recipe!
4. Peach Cobbler Crisp. Built by your very own Wholly Wholesome, our peachiest recipe is actually a crisp made in a cinch! It’s made with our signature pie shells and is delicious!
5. Peach-Custard Pie. Described as summer in a pie. We agree! You can’t get through August without making this sweet treat. So pretty you’ll want to take pictures. Cheers to Martha Stewart’s recipe!
Once known as Persian Apples, peaches offer a sweet, juicy reprieve from the summer heat. They’re fresh, light, and only 37 calories of pure deliciousness.
So, if you need to ask us why we’re celebrating #NationalPeachMonth, then you’ve got some peach lovin’ to catch up on. There’s nothing quite like a Peach Galette on a warm summer night! Visit us on Pinterest for this peach-inspired recipe and many, many more!
There’s no fuzz about it. #NationalPeachMonth is better with #WhollyWholesome http://ctt.ec/6dy4l
We’re also celebrating with our Peachy Keen Sweet 16 Sweepstakes. Enter and you could WIN a year’s worth of Wholly Wholesome products and a Smart Tools for Baking Kit! Click here for a chance to WIN !
As we wrap up July, we’re looking back at what a gorgeous month it’s been! July 4th kicked things off with a bang, beautiful weather brought couch potatoes outdoors, and National Ice Cream Month inspired us to create one really decadent dessert.
Are you a #SweetTooth? #Sugar addicts and fun-loving #foodies are all talking about this #recipe: http://ow.ly/OO0mj
National Cheesecake Day on July 30th is the perfect way to round out the summer with a rich, creamy dessert that everyone can get on board with! Bake our Cheesecake Pie and give this day the recognition it deserves!
Go on! Let’s get baking!
Happy National Ice Cream Month! There’s no better way to celebrate than with, well, ice cream! This recipe takes the best of two worlds to create a one-of-a-kind dessert that mingles our crispy, buttery pie dough with the sugary-sweet notes of your favorite ice cream.
Ditch the cone! Nothing beats our Wholly Delicious Edible Ice Cream Bowls!
This #sweet treat is just too #yummy to pass up! Come celebrate #NationalIceCreamMonth! http://ow.ly/OO0mj
Wholly Delicious Edible Ice Cream Bowls
1 package of Wholly Wholesome Traditional Organic Pie Dough, cold
Ice cream of your choice
Sprinkles, ice cream toppings, whipped cream, etc.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll your pie dough and cut 3 1/2” circles with a round cookie cutter. Spray the bottom of a cupcake pan with cooking spray. Wrap each crust circle around the inverted cupcake pan cavities. Prick the tops of each with the tines of a fork to reduce bubbling. Bake for about 11 minutes, until the crusts are a light golden color. Cool completely, then gently remove from the muffin pan. (Be careful – they’re fragile!) Fill with scoops of ice cream and toppings like chocolate sauce and sprinkles. Use your favorites!
We’ve begun the countdown to Independence Day and this year we’re going to really celebrate! That means we’ll help make your 4th of July party pop … With Wholly delicious recipes that will keep the party going!
You bring the party-goers, we’ll bring the food … But it’s gotta be festive! Patriotic! Truly star-spangled! How did we infuse the feeling of Americana into a pie recipe fit for the celebration of America’s independence? Simple.
This Easy Star-Spangled #Pie celebrates everything good and #sweet about #America. Happy #4thofJuly! http://ow.ly/ONMLc
Easy Star-Spangled Pie
1 1/2 cups boiling water, divided
1 small box (3 oz) Blue Flavor Gelatin
1 cup ice cubes, divided
1 Wholly Wholesome Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1 small box (3 oz) Red Flavor Gelatin
1 cup thawed whipped topping
Add 3/4 cup boiling water to blue jello, stir until dissolved about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup ice cubes, stir until ice is completely melted. Pour into crust, refrigerate 5-10 minutes or until set but not firm.
Meanwhile, combine 3/4 cup boiling water with red jello, using the same directions as for the blue jello – place in fridge for a few minutes to cool until slightly thickened. Spread Cool Whip over blue layer. Carefully pour red jello on top of Cool Whip. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Garnish with Cool Whip and fresh berries.
We’re nearing the dog days of summer and, with Father’s Day just around the corner (hint: It’s on June 21st!), we’re so ready for a few recipes that will help us to cool down a bit and celebrate dad!
Ice cream pie, anyone? Our hearts are melting for The Pioneer Woman’s cold Ice Cream Pie with Easy Caramel Sauce using Wholly Wholesome Graham Cracker Pie Crust or Wholly Wholesome Chocolate Pie Crust.
This Ice Cream Pie by @ThePioneerWoman is for the serious #SweetTooth Think we can’t make it any sweeter? Challenge accepted! #determined
The Pioneer Woman’s Ice Cream Pie with Easy Caramel Sauce
Featuring Wholly Wholesome Graham Cracker Crust
1 Wholly Wholesome Graham Cracker Pie Crust
2 pints vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, plus extra for serving
4 peanut butter cups, roughly chopped
2 large chocolate-covered peanut butter crunch candy bars, roughly chopped
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup half-and-half
4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) butter
Pinch of salt
1 Tbsp. vanilla
For the filling: Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften slightly. Mix in the pecans, peanut butter cups and peanut butter crunch candy bars and pour the ice cream mixture into the Wholly Wholesome Graham Cracker Pie Crust. Cover with foil and freeze until very hard, 1 to 2 hours.
For the caramel sauce: Mix the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, while whisking gently, until thicker, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. Pour the sauce into a jar and refrigerate until cold. Spoon over the top of the pie when ready!
As you know, it’s Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Month so we’re making sure we cover all of our bases here. It’s time for these superhero ingredients to have their day in the sun … Or on the grill!
With a few simple tricks and delicious Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free Pizza Dough, you can transform these beautiful summer fruits and veggies into a dinner to remember!
Here’s how to get started:
1. Turn up the heat: Heat your grill to about 550°F and set it up so the pizza is cooking over direct heat.
2. Get organized: Organize your ingredients and toppings so everything is just an arm’s reach away.
3. Prized Possessions: You’ll need a pair of long metal tongs, a spatula to help manipulate the pizza, and an oven mitt nearby.
4. Prep your dough: Roll out your Wholly Wholesome Pizza Dough into a thin circle.
5. Brush the dough with olive oil: Brush one side of the dough with oil; this is the side you’ll lay down on the grill.
6. Grill It: Take the lid off the grill. Lay the dough round on the grill, olive-oil-brushed-side down. Brush the top of the dough with a thin layer of olive oil too. Let the dough cook for about 3 minutes, with the lid off, or 1 to 2 minutes with the lid on. Use the tongs to lift up the dough from time to time, checking on how it is doing. Look for those delicious grill marks!
7. Top It: Flip the dough over with the tongs or spatula. The dough should come up easily and flip without tearing. Now top your pizza. Keep reading for our yummy toppings idea!
8. Cook It: Put the lid on and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, adjusting the heat as needed.
Featured Fruits and Veggies Pizza Toppings: Olive oil, sliced pears, sautéed onions, and chopped almonds … Yum! Don’t forget a side of fruit too!
On June 9th, get ready to make the ULTIMATE Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. Why? Because it’s National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day! This sweet dessert has been knocking the socks off of pie lovers like yourself since … Ever!
Bonus: June is Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Month, making it the absolute perfect time to grab a stalk of rhubarb, a basket of strawberries, and some Wholly Wholesome Pie Dough from your local grocery store.
This is one fruit and veggie combo you won’t want to skip out on! We love how well it pairs with Wholly Wholesome’s Traditional Organic Pie Dough! Bake on!
Classic Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
cup rhubarb, chopped
cup strawberries, sliced
cup granulated sugar
Tbsp. lemon juice
1 package (Contains enough for one 9″ double crust pie) Wholly Wholesome Traditional Organic Pie Dough
1 egg, beaten for glaze
In a bowl, combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon. On lightly floured surface, roll out half of the Wholly Wholesome Traditional Organic Pie Dough and line a nine-inch pie plate. Spoon in filling. Roll out Wholly Wholesome Traditional Organic Pie Dough for top crust; using pastry wheel or knife, cut into 1-inch wide strips. Brush pie rim with some of the beaten egg.
Gently weave strips over the pie to form lattice; trim the edge. Brush lattice with beaten egg. Sprinkle top with sugar if using. Bake on a baking sheet with sides in a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°F and bake for 50 to 60 minutes longer or until rhubarb is tender, filling thickened, and the crust is golden. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
On May 25th, honor our veterans with #delicious Memorial Day inspired recipes that truly celebrate the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Requirements to make a Wholly delicious pie:
Now that you’re ready to get started, let’s throw America a deliciously sweet party! A fellow pie-lover at Style Me Pretty teaches us how to design a dessert that’s almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
Try some of her gorgeous decorating tips on our classic Cheesecake Pie. Trust us, if you follow her tips, you’ll be the pie envy at your next party!