We’ve begun the countdown to Valentine’s Day and this year, we’re pulling out all the stops! Looking for a way to truly impress the one you love? There’s no better way than with (drum roll please) pizza! Put-Your-Heart-In-It Pizza video recipe by Wholly Wholesome to be exact.
Fall head-over-heels in love with our Gluten Free Pizza Dough Ball – made with responsibly sourced palm fruit oil and a convenient pizza dough free from milk, eggs, wheat, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts, soy and corn.
Some say the love between man and #pizza can’t be matched. You be the judge: http://ctt.ec/9O7Q0
Nothing is more romantic than sharing a slice of pizza with your loved one. Well, that’s not true:
- Walks on the beach in the moonlight.
- Fine dining in candlelight.
- And curling up under a warm blanket to watch a tender movie
All tend to beat out eating pizza with your significant other!
But you should still consider this seriously amazing recipe this Valentine’s Day! See you in the kitchen pizza lovers!
Have you ever felt that getting in the kitchen can be just as therapeutic as a good, long run or even a bubble bath? We have, too!
National Baking Month this January has eased us out of our winter blues … And there’s scientific proof as to why! The next time your troubles have got you down, remember that comfort is just one a baking session away.
Did you know that baking is great for your mental health? Read on to find out why: http://ctt.ec/lg6bZ
Baking is meditative.
Scooping, measuring, stirring, kneading and measuring again. The act of baking takes your whole attention, allowing your mind to rest and focus on the simplicity of each step in the process. Finally, when your Apple Crumble Pie comes out of the oven, your thoughts will have untangled themselves!
Baking takes you back to simpler days.
Whether the smell of Aunt Bonnies Pecan Pie takes you back to the carefree days of your childhood or the unmistakable sound of the blender reminds you of your mother whipping up a batch of homemade cookies, let baking play with your senses. It’s time to rediscover the magic of those days when troubles were far!
Baking is creative.
Psychologists have found a strong connection between creative expression and overall well-being, so use our Gluten Free Pizza Dough or our Organic Pie Dough as a blank canvas and bake your stress away!
Dear Wholly Wholesome,
We are so excited about the Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free Pie Shells!!!!! We feel a little guilty during the holidays when everyone wants our pie crust recipe and it’s Wholly Wholesome’s delicious recipe! Thank you for using this recipe instead of corn, brown rice and potato starch.
– Autumn from Pennsylvania
The countdown to National Pie Day on January 23rd has begun! Are you ready? We sure are!
Now you can take your celebration to the next level. Read on to find a pie match made in heaven. Whether you’re more of a satiny smooth chocolate lover or a sweet-to-the-core fruit fan, you’re sure to find a dessert that does this tasty holiday justice!
Pie lovers everywhere, rejoice! Find your perfect match here!
If you love the classics and can’t get enough of the music of your childhood … Then you should try our Apple Crisp Pie! It will take you back to the carefree version of yourself you were as a youngster. Go ahead and grab a slice … or two!
If you always seem to be in a hurry, running from one thing to the next … Take a few minutes to nosh on our handheld Blueberry and Peach Hand Pies. This is one sweet treat you won’t want to miss out on. Stuffed with fresh fruit, it’s the perfect snack to grab on your way out the door!
If you value modernity and have great respect for all things that push boundaries … Try our recipe for Mug Pie! Who knew pie could taste as deliciously decadent in a cup as it would from a pan?
Strawberry Mug Pie
2 pounds of fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
Wholly Wholesome Traditional Organic Pie Dough
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a baking dish, combine strawberries, sugar, flour, salt and mix to combine. Either divide the mixture into 4 mugs or ramekins, or keep it in the baking dish.
3. Place cut puff pastry either over top of the mug or ramekin, or on a baking sheet, and brush with beaten egg.
4. Place the mugs on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking once to stir strawberries and see how the pie dough is cooking.
5. When pastry is golden, remove and let cool. Enjoy!
Forget sugar and everything nice! Today, on Hot and Spicy Food Day, we’re only interested in the spice!
Can you handle the heat? Join us in the kitchen and make a fiery masterpiece that’ll tempt you to celebrate this spicy “holiday” year-round!
Made with our Gluten Free Pizza Dough, our Spicy Three Pepper Pizza is simpler than you might think! So get ready to shock your taste buds with tons of flavor … if you dare!
Spicy Three-Pepper Pizza
1 Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free Pizza Dough
cup marinara sauce
cups grated mozzarella cheese
sliced red bell pepper
sliced poblano pepper
whole pepperoncini peppers
Kosher salt and black pepper
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Thaw pizza dough and shape into a large round and place on the prepared baking sheet.
2. Top with the marinara sauce, mozzarella, bell pepper, poblano pepper, and pepperoncini. Season with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
3. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
We’re gathering friends and family, we’re sitting by the fire, we’re bundling up and enjoying this crisp weather. We’re saying so long to 2015!
As December comes to an end, so does National Eggnog Month. Give a nod to the new year with a sip of decadence and bit of indulgence. We’ve got just the recipes to ease you into 2016.
No Bake Eggnog Pie
Blogger Simply Gloria describes her No Bake Eggnog Pie as a “cinnamon, brown sugar graham cracker crust filled to the edges with a an abundance of a creamy infused eggnog filling. A layer of whipped cream finishes off the pie. Then garnished with more cinnamon!” We’d like to give it our own spin with a Wholly Delicious Graham Cracker Pie Crust!
Try it here!
Ultimate Holiday Eggnog
Thanks to Brit + Co., there’s so much to love about eggnog this season. We’ll certainly be giving this sweet treat a try this month! How about you?
Take a sip here.
You know the drill. He sees you when you’re sleeping, he knows when you’re awake. So be good for goodness sake and … bake a pie!
Well, a few days before Christmas, we’re going to be a little of both! Santa won’t know what hit him when we slice into these two (very different!) pies. We think you’ll agree, they’re Ho-Ho-Wholly Delicious!
Spicy Hot Chocolate Pie
- Wholly Wholesome Chocolate Pie Crust
- Chocolate filling:
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Cinnamon whipped cream:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put chocolate in a large glass bowl. In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream until it just comes to the boil. Pour over chocolate, and let stand for 1 minute.
- Gently whisk the cream and chocolate together until fully combined and glossy. Add egg, whisk to incorporate.
- Whisk in spices and salt, then pour into chilled pie crust and bake for 25 minutes, or until chocolate filling has puffed up but is still slightly wobbly in the center. Remove from oven and cool completely before topping.
- To prepare whipped cream, pour cream into a large bowl or a stand mixer, add sugar and cinnamon, and whip until soft peaks form.
- Pile on top of cooled chocolate filling, and finish with a sprinkling of chili flakes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese and condensed milk together until smooth.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Today is right up our alley. Wanna know why? It’s #NationalPastryDay!
Let go of all of your reservations about baking pie, and say so long to your fear of burning the Beignets. Keep reading for our favorite fool-proof, Wholly Delicious recipes that everyone should be making today!
Million Buckaroos Pie
You’ll feel like a million bucks when you’re friends and family compliment you on this uber easy Wholly Wholesome recipe. Just don’t tell them how simple it really is!
Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Combine pineapple, 1/2 of the pecans, 1/2 the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice in a large bowl mixing well.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour mixture evenly into both crusts.
- Sprinkle top with remaining shredded coconut and pecans.
- Top with cherries.
- Freeze at least 4 hours.
Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut butter never tasted so good. In this recipe, it sits in the perfect chocolate pie crust. What are you waiting for? Grab that jar of peanut butter!
- Soften cream cheese in medium bowl.
- Add peanut butter, sugar and milk to cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Whip heavy cream in separate bowl.
- Fold cream into peanut butter mixture.
- Spread into Wholly Wholesome crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Can be served for up to 3 days. Keep refrigerated.
Happy Day After Thanksgiving! Today is almost as good as the actual day, isn’t it? For foodies everywhere, leftovers mean three important things:
- More delicious food
- Full bellies
- Reliving the glory of Thanksgiving dinner
On the day after Thanksgiving, treat yourself to a Wholly Delicious, Wholly Gluten Free, Wholly Stuffed treat! There’s only one way to revamp all of that tasty food from the day before …
Our chefs over here asked themselves, “How can we take the best of our favorite Thanksgiving Day food and combine it to make a leftover masterpiece?”
After testing and re-testing, we found it. The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftovers Calzone. Enjoy!
The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftovers Calzone
- 1 Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free Pizza Dough Ball
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound turkey, sliced
- 1/2 cup stuffing
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound organic reduced fat provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup gravy
- Defrost pizza dough completely and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil onto a clean wooden cutting board or surface to prevent dough from sticking.
- Roll out dough on oiled surface until 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread gravy onto rolled out pizza dough.
- Layer the turkey, stuffing, spinach, provolone cheese and cranberry sauce.
- Starting at one of the smaller ends of the dough, gently start rolling the dough until the entire dough is rolled.
- Place dough onto an oiled baking sheet, seam side down.
- Brush the remainder of the extra virgin olive oil onto the top of the stromboli so the crust browns.
- Place dough into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the dough is fully cooked through.
What’s the perfect sweet delicacy to serve at every book club? Every dinner party? Every girls’ night in?
This National Cappuccino Day, curl up with a great book, the perfect cup of cappuccino … and a big slice of Dreamy Cappuccino Pie! Wholly delicious and the perfect balance of whimsical and “grown up”, this is one recipe everyone will fall head over heels for!
The United States is the leading consumer of coffee in the world, drinking 400 million cups of coffee per day. Save a coffee cup … eat pie!
Dreamy Cappuccino Pie
- Beat pudding mix, coffee and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Pour into crust; top with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.