Breakfast is the smell that gets us out of bed in the morning and fuel that keeps us going as we work our nine-to-five’s. Put some pep in your breakfast with chia seeds – one hearty and healthy ingredient that inspired our recipe created especially for today’s hard working Americans.
Cherry Chia Seed Jam Sweet Rolls
- Cherry Chia Seed Jam
- 1 cup plus 1/3 cup frozen fruit, divided and thawed to room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey, to taste
- Sweet Rolls
- 1 Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free Pizza Dough Ball
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Prepare the jam:
- Add 1 cup thawed fruit to your blender or food processor and blitz until it reaches a uniform consistency, about 30-60 seconds. Transfer the berry purée to a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup to the bowl, depending how sweet you like your jam. Keep in mind that some berries may not be as sweet as others. Stir the mixture and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
Prepare the rolls:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper.
- Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles on work surface. Firmly press edges together to seal and holes.
- Brush with butter, leaving about 1/2 inch on 1 of the long edges of each rectangle of dough without butter.
- Make sure this edge stays clean so the dough will seal.
- Spread the prepared Cherry Chia Seed Jam over the melted butter on dough.
- Roll dough up tightly, and seal edge.
- Using serrated knife, cut each dough roll into 16 equal slices.
- Place slices cut side down 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm and with additional jam on top.