Who said cheesecake was reserved for those with a sweet tooth? For cheese lovers who prefer savory flavors, we’ve got the perfect fix.
Our newest recipe mashes the best of the BLT sandwich and the cheesecake together to make a one-of-a-kind dish that you’ll be tempted to reach for at every meal. Tip: Use our Spelt Organic Pie Shell for a toasted flavor like no other.
Still craving something sweet? Check out our easiest cheesecake recipe ever.
Wholly Savory BLT Cheesecake
1 9″ Wholly Wholesome Pie Shell (Traditional, Whole Wheat or Spelt)
4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1-1/2 cups crumbled cooked bacon
1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
2 green onions, sliced
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 eggs, lightly beaten
Toppings: diced cherry tomatoes and additional crumbled cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Fold in the bacon, tomatoes, Gruyere cheese, onions and pepper. Add eggs and heavy cream; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cheesecake with diced cherry tomatoes and crumbled cooked bacon.