Sometimes it can be hard to find the perfect snack to fit your fitness routine. Lucky for you, our friends at MetaBall have created the perfect snacks that will fuel your on-the-go life! Created by Dr. Susan Abramson, MetaBall is a bite-sized energy snack that is free of the eight most common allergens: peanuts, tree nuts, soy, dairy, wheat, eggs, fish and shellfish. With four different flavors, MetaBall will change the way you fuel your day!
If you’re looking for a specific flavor to fit your lifestyle, we’ve created a handy pairing guide to help you out!
Outdoor Adventures: Do you prefer to have nature serve as your gym? Then Chocolate Brownie is the flavor for you! Next time you’re stepping out for a hike or going for a bike ride, be sure to pack a bag of Chocolate Brownie MetaBall to fuel your next outdoor adventure!
Gym: Some things are classic for a reason. If you steer away from the latest workout fad, and prefer the tried and true equipment at the gym, then Apple Pie is your go-to. Before your next gym workout, savor the nostalgic flavors of this energy packed snack.
Outside of the Box: Are you always willing to try the latest workout craze? Do you thrive on variety and challenge? Then give Mixed Berry a try. Combining your favorite berries, this flavor is far from boring! Be sure to have a bag of Mixed Berry MetaBall on hand.
All of the Above: For some, it’s hard to choose just one fitness approach. So if you’re the type to join a class one day and pump weights the next, give Chocolate Cherry MetaBall a try! This rich and fruity flavor will give you the best of both worlds!
For more information on MetaBall and our products, be sure to visit our website to learn more!
We love seeing people use the convenience of our frozen products to make wholesome and delicious food! Check out these great recipes and share your creation with us on Instagram! See what other people have done below:
Spinach is one of our favorite super foods because it’s delicious, packs a powerful nutritional punch and is great in salads, smoothies … and (our personal favorite) calzones! But did you know that spinach is also a nostalgic vegetable? In fact, Birds Eye’ was the first company to advertise spinach. It did so in “Life” magazine in 1949. For those of you who love nostalgia, here’s that ad! Something to read while you’re lovin’ your Spinach and Pancetta Calzone! Enjoy …
Gluten Free Pizza Dough Ball Recipe:
Spinach and Pancetta Calzone
1 Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free Pizza Dough Ball
2 to 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
4 ounces pancetta cubed (optional)
10 ounces fresh spinach (or frozen, defrosted and drained completely dry)
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
15 ounces ricotta cheese (part skim is fine)
1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese (good substitutes: white cheddar cheese or fontina cheese)
2 extra-large eggs, beaten
2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil (or 1 tablespoon dried)
2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tablespoon dried)
1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, mixed with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven as it heats. If not, line an overturned rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal portions, and roll each into a ball. Set the dough aside, covered loosely with a wet towel.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the onion. Saute, stirring frequently, over medium heat, until the onion is translucent (about 5 minutes). Add the minced garlic and the (optional) pancetta, and saute, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant and the pancetta is cooked (about 4 minutes). Remove the onion garlic and pancetta mixture to a separate large bowl. Add the fresh spinach to the saucepan, and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until wilted (about a minute, more or less), and add to the large bowl with the other ingredients. If using frozen spinach, don’t cook and just toss directly into the large bowl. Mix to combine, adding salt and pepper to taste. If you haven’t used the pancetta, you will need more salt. Set the bowl aside to cool.
- Take the first ball of pizza dough, and roll between two pieces of parchment paper into an approximately 6 to 8 inch round, about ⅛ inch thick (thickness of a nickel). If the edges are very rough, tuck them toward the center of the round, and then roll them smooth. Repeat with the remaining balls of dough. Place each dough round on the overturned baking pan or warmed pizza stone.
- To the large bowl, add the ricotta, parmesan, gruyere and eggs, and mix to combine well. Fold in the basil and oregano. Divide the filling between the 4 rounds of pizza dough, placing the filling on one half of the dough, leaving a 1 inch border of bare dough. Fold the opposite end of the dough over the filling, and pinch together the edges well until there is a good seal. Brush the tops and seams with the melted unsalted butter and olive oil. Place the overturned baking pan or pizza stone in the center of the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until nicely golden brown and crisp.
- Serve right away.
We love hearing from fans that use our all natural baked goods and frozen pie shells to make great tasting all natural recipes! Check out what Miri Rotkovitz wrote about our Kosher Organic Spelt Pie Shell when she made her Cherry Pie with Oatmeal Streusel:
“If you don’t have the time or inclination to prepare a homemade pie crust, seek out a good-quality frozen or refrigerated crust. I tried Wholly Wholesome’s Organic Spelt Pie Shell while testing this recipe, and found that the flavor complemented the other ingredients nicely.”
Thanks Miri for the kind words! Everyone can enjoy this recipe at home with the ease of using Wholly Wholesome.
We’d love to know how your pie turned out! Share pictures and your helpful hints with us on Facebook.
All Natural Recipes For: Cherry Pie with Oatmeal Streusel (Dairy or Pareve)
For the Pie:
1 Wholly Wholesome Organic Spelt Pie Shell, thawed
1 pound (about 4 cups) pitted sweet cherries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. granulated (instant) tapioca or tapioca starch
2 Tbsp. finely chopped crystallized ginger
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
Pinch of salt
For the Streusel Topping:
3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
1/4 cup white whole wheat flour or regular all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter or non-hydrogenated margarine, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the cherries, sugar, tapioca, crystallized ginger, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt. Mix just until the cherries are evenly coated with the other ingredients. Pour the cherry mixture into the Wholly Wholesome pie shell.
3. In the same bowl, mix the oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. With clean hands, rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the butter is well incorporated and the mixture is crumbly. Top the pie evenly with the streusel mixture.
4. Place the pie on a parchment-lined baking sheet to catch drips. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the crust and streusel are golden and the filling is bubbly. Cool the pie in its baking dish on a rack. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Store leftover pie, well covered, in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. Enjoy!
Watch as one local nutritionist tells us how to maintain a gluten-free lifestyle while living decadently with an amazing indulgence using Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free products!
We are so excited to have Savvy Saving Couple review our Gluten Free Pie Crust.
“Wholly Wholesome’s Gluten Free Pie Shells tasted wonderful, and cooked perfectly! I recommend them to anyone who wants a product that is made only with finest ingredients.”
Get the full review and a great Egg Custard Pie Recipe here.
Gluten-Free Hot Products and the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) reviewed our Gluten Free Pie Shell and we know you’ll love what they had to say too!
What I loved most about the Wholly Wholesome Gluten-Free Pie Shells was their simplicity!
Plus, Wholly Wholesome has done a great job of creating a sturdy, tasty gluten-free pie shell.
See the full review and the recipe here.
We were very excited to have Debby Sunshine of Vegan American Princess review our Make At Home Chocolate Pie Crust! Debby put together a great review and a great recipe for a Decadent Vegan Chocolate Pie! Find her recipe and the review here.
Linda Farr shows you how to make a heart healthy pie using our Gluten Free Pie Crust. Linda makes a Strawberry Creamcheese Pie and shows you exactly what you need to do to ensure a delicious and heart healthy family favorite!