We’ve got a secret …
There’s more to Wholly Wholesome than you might think. Behind all of that wholly delicious flavor is a little something we call clean ingredients. Take a look behind the curtain this National Nutrition Month (and try the delicious recipe at the end of this blog post!)
How important are clean ingredients to us? Well, they’re something we won’t compromise on because they’re something you won’t compromise on!
We know that how you eat reflects what you care about most. Families that lead socially and environmentally conscious lifestyles need transparency. We hear you! We realize that clean ingredients have become a given, and preservatives absolutely cannot make their way into our homes.
This National Nutrition Month, keep an eye out for:
- Gluten free foods
- Trans fat-free foods
- Preservative-free foods
- Allergen-friendly foods
Wholly Wholesome fans like you know that you can enjoy your favorite indulgences while not sacrificing flavor! Commit to checking the label. Ingredients count!
Try it! Gluten Free Basil Pesto Bread.
If you love spending quality time with yours truly in the kitchen, read on!
To give this recipe a boost, we use our Wholly Wholesome Spelt Organic Pie Shell. Spelt is great for digestive health, can lower the risk of dangerous cholesterol, boosts circulation and is high in protein.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s cook something wholly delicious!
Tropical Dream Pie with Spelt Organic Pie Shell
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in 100% juice
1 can (13.6 oz) coconut milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
3 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
Wholly Wholesome Spelt Organic Pie Shell
- Blend all ingredients except Wholly Wholesome Spelt Organic Pie Shell until smooth.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Freeze four hours or until firm but not yet hard, or freeze longer and thaw at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
We’re jazzed about bringing you the best in all-natural desserts! From Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Dough to Crumblettes, there’s so much to love. We’re just as excited to share with you
5 simple ways to make your favorite desserts even healthier!
Top 5 Baking Substitutions for Healthier Baking:
1. Black beans for flour. Purèed, black beans act as a great substitute for flour. Bonus! They also add protein and can help make your recipe gluten free!
2. Unsweetened applesauce for sugar. Don’t cut back on the sweetness! This substitution will make any dessert you make guilt-free. Baker beware: For every cup of applesauce you use, reduce the amount of liquid in the recipe by 1/4 cup.
3. Wholly Gluten Free Pie Shell for … Anything your little heart desires! Our pie shell is Certified Vegan and Certified Gluten Free! Yum!
4. Chia seeds for eggs. Let one tablespoon of chia seeds soak in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes and voila! You’ve got a superfood substitution for an egg! Vegans, rejoice!
5. Avocado for butter. This healthy fat is rich, creamy, and the perfect substitute for any recipe that calls for heavy butter.
Time is running out. It’s down to the last days to enter for a chance to WIN!