Who said cheesecake was reserved for those with a sweet tooth? For cheese lovers who prefer savory flavors, we’ve got the perfect fix.
Our newest recipe mashes the best of the BLT sandwich and the cheesecake together to make a one-of-a-kind dish that you’ll be tempted to reach for at every meal. Tip: Use our Spelt Organic Pie Shell for a toasted flavor like no other.
Still craving something sweet? Check out our easiest cheesecake recipe ever.
Wholly Savory BLT Cheesecake
1 9″ Wholly Wholesome Pie Shell (Traditional, Whole Wheat or Spelt)
4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1-1/2 cups crumbled cooked bacon
1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
2 green onions, sliced
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 eggs, lightly beaten
Toppings: diced cherry tomatoes and additional crumbled cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Fold in the bacon, tomatoes, Gruyere cheese, onions and pepper. Add eggs and heavy cream; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cheesecake with diced cherry tomatoes and crumbled cooked bacon.
Breakfast is the smell that gets us out of bed in the morning and fuel that keeps us going as we work our nine-to-five’s. Put some pep in your breakfast with chia seeds – one hearty and healthy ingredient that inspired our recipe created especially for today’s hard working Americans.
Cherry Chia Seed Jam Sweet Rolls
- Cherry Chia Seed Jam
- 1 cup plus 1/3 cup frozen fruit, divided and thawed to room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey, to taste
- Sweet Rolls
- 1 Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free Pizza Dough Ball
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Prepare the jam:
- Add 1 cup thawed fruit to your blender or food processor and blitz until it reaches a uniform consistency, about 30-60 seconds. Transfer the berry purée to a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup to the bowl, depending how sweet you like your jam. Keep in mind that some berries may not be as sweet as others. Stir the mixture and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
Prepare the rolls:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper.
- Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles on work surface. Firmly press edges together to seal and holes.
- Brush with butter, leaving about 1/2 inch on 1 of the long edges of each rectangle of dough without butter.
- Make sure this edge stays clean so the dough will seal.
- Spread the prepared Cherry Chia Seed Jam over the melted butter on dough.
- Roll dough up tightly, and seal edge.
- Using serrated knife, cut each dough roll into 16 equal slices.
- Place slices cut side down 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm and with additional jam on top.
Hey, we get it! You don’t have to tell us that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s usually because we’re rushing out the door that we’re too busy to stop and grab a bite to eat.
But, would you really skip it if you knew how incredibly quick it could be to whip up? There’s a fix for people who love breakfast but not the time that goes into making it … and it’s called Breakfast-Style Focaccia.
Have no fear! Wholly Wholesome’s here, with a better way to breakfast. Make this simple recipe and refrigerate the leftovers for an out-of-this-world morning that will help you get ahead of your meal plan … and your day!
- Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Dough Ball
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing and brushing
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 6 ounces breakfast sausage, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 strips cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced into strips
- 6 eggs
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- In a large bowl knead the Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Dough Ball
- Transfer the dough to a greased baking sheet and press to fit the entire surface of the pan. Scatter the sausage, bacon and red pepper over top of the dough, and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of grated cheese. Let sit while you preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Make six 3-inch balls of crumpled tinfoil and lightly grease them with olive oil. Press the balls into the dough in 6 places to make small wells. Transfer to the oven and bake until lightly golden, 15 minutes. Take the flatbread out of the oven and discard the tinfoil balls. Crack an egg into each well and season with flaky sea salt. Return to the oven and bake until the eggs have just set, but the yolks are still runny, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with olive oil. Cut into squares and garnish with chopped parsley and thyme, then serve.
These warm summer nights have us craving an ice cold IPA and a rustic dessert. And as the sun goes down on National IPA Day, we’ll have a drink in one hand and a fork in the other.
Our Peachy Keen IPA Beer Pie will blow everything you thought you knew about summer sweets out of the water. What’s more? This recipe is made even simpler with the help of our Traditional Organic Pie Dough.
Peachy Keen IPA Beer Pie
- 1 package Wholly Wholesome Traditional Organic Pie Dough
- 6 cups (6-8 large peaches) yellow peaches, sliced (peeled if desired)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup Glutenberg India Pale Ale
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 Tbsp. water, beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Add the peaches to a large bowl. Sprinkle with brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, flour, cornstarch and salt. Use your hands to stir the peaches until they are fully coated with the dry ingredients and all of the dry ingredients have been moistened.
- Pour the beer over the peaches, and gently stir to combine.
- Place four oven-safe bowls (1 cup size) on a baking sheet. Divide the filling evenly among the bowls.
- Roll the pie dough out on a lightly floured surface, cut into four squares. Cover each bowl with a square of pie dough. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 400° F for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Sometimes boxed is the way to go. Whether you’re a self-proclaimed kitchen klutz or you’re low on ingredients, make the most of what you’ve got!
Our Cake in a Pie is a clever way to put some life back into the traditional boxed cake mix. Who knew a recipe with such few ingredients could taste so decadent? Rely on our Traditional Organic Pie Shell and your go-to cake mix for a dessert that all of your friends will be talking about.
Hey, don’t feel guilty. We all know the most important ingredient in a recipe is the heart you put into it! And this one has plenty of it.
Cake in a Pie
Wholly Wholesome Traditional Organic Pie Shell
Boxed cake mix of your choice
Store bought cream cheese frosting of your choice
Eggs (as required by boxed cake mix)
Vegetable oil (as required by boxed cake mix)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Leave Wholly Wholesome Traditional Organic Pie Shell out to thaw while you prepare the cake batter.
- Prepare the cake batter per the instructions on the box. Add dark chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Gently poke a few small holes in the bottom of the pie crust, being careful not to poke through the tin.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the pie crust.
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350°F. After 35 minutes, turn oven down to 325°F and continue baking for another 12-15 minutes or until cake is finished.
- Cool completely, then frost the pie. Enjoy!
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie can turn a workday into a vacation, a drizzly morning into a bright, sunny afternoon and a tart veggie into a magical masterpiece fit for the beautiful summer fruit we call the strawberry.
Can you tell we’re ready for June’s rhubarb harvest?
It’s time to embrace this summertime pie with three amazingly simple and stunningly beautiful pie crusts. Then, check out our Wholly tasty take on Strawberry Rhubarb Pie!
#1 Go for elegance. Use our Traditional Organic Pie Dough to cut make a pie that’s brimming with love, like the Savoring Spoon’s recipe here!
#2 Go rustic. Keep it simple by leaving the top of your pie exposed to feature all of that beautiful filling. Something like our Whole Wheat Organic Pie Dough would look gorgeous casually folded over the edge of your pie, just enough to contain its contents!
#3 Go braided. You’ll impress any dessert-lover with a braided crust. Bon Appetit shows us how!
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- 1 Wholly Wholesome Traditional Organic Pie Shell
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 pound rhubarb rib, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, or sliced frozen rhubarb
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Beat in the sugar, flour and vanilla until well blended. Gently stir in rhubarb and strawberries. Pour into pastry shell.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack, then dig in!
One in 141 Americans have Celiac Disease, many of which go undiagnosed. What does this mean? Well … we’ll tell you what it doesn’t mean. It doesn’t mean that we’ll be tiptoeing around the dessert table at our next party!
Come on! It’s a party! With a little help from Wholly Wholesome, it’s easy to throw a get-together that everyone can enjoy – from the gluten sensitive to the gluten intolerant!
Even if being gluten free is not a lifestyle choice or something that affects your everyday life, it is important to consider your guests needs when hosting family and friends at your home.
If you choose to invite a guest that is gluten free, providing him or her with food to suit their needs is only appropriate.
There are, however, ways to prepare the food you serve so that it caters to everyone. Try our classic Gluten Free French Style Beignets whether they are vegan, gluten free, or neither! Plus, with our Wholly Gluten Free Pie Shells, Pizza Dough Ball and Fudge Brownies, you can’t go wrong. Think about it. No one wants to miss out on dessert!
More and more families have subscribed to a gluten free lifestyle for their children. It’s easy to make everyone feel welcome at your next party.
We all know that you did not wake up like this. So why pretend like you did? This #NationalBreakfastMonth, embrace the morning in all of its bed-head, sleepy-eyed glory!
Breakfast-skippers, listen up! This is the month you’ll learn to love breakfast again with every crumb of Wholly Delicious Cinnamon-Pecan Roll that’s placed in front of you!
- Gluten Free Country Quiche Lorraine: A country-style breakfast is a hearty way to start the day. Yum!
- Lighter Brunch Quiche: Egg whites and lots of veggies make this an irresistible morning treat.
- Vegetable Feta Quiche: Vegetables or feta? How about vegetables and feta? Yes and yes!
- Smoked Salmon (Breakfast) Pizza: Made with our Gluten Free Pizza Dough Ball, this recipe will inspire you to eat pizza ‘round the clock!
As we wrap up July, we’re looking back at what a gorgeous month it’s been! July 4th kicked things off with a bang, beautiful weather brought couch potatoes outdoors, and National Ice Cream Month inspired us to create one really decadent dessert.
National Cheesecake Day on July 30th is the perfect way to round out the summer with a rich, creamy dessert that everyone can get on board with! Bake our Cheesecake Pie and give this day the recognition it deserves!
Go on! Let’s get baking!
It’s … Valentine’s Day! Oh! You forgot? Don’t worry. We‘ve got you covered. Here are 3 quick treats to make for your Sweetie!
Hour of Truth: This Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie recipe can be ready in a flash … in just one hour! Ready. Set. Go!
Fancy Schmancy: Whip up these Gluten Free French Style Beignets to start Valentine’s Day special!